Sunday, October 11, 2009

Being me!




Being me! Is the title of my first autobiography assignment. Simple and straightforward. What I need to do is to publish my own autobiography before my final exam starts. Hmmmm let’s see. I have one, two, three… Exactly WHAT!? FOURTEEN DAYS LEFT TO PUBLISH A BOOK AND I HAVEN’T EVEN STARTED WRITING! Astaghfirullah…calm down… First things first, let’s lists down the assignments I have left:

1. 2 Economics of publishing report
2. 1 Autobiography to publish
3. 2 Voice recording to be done
4. 1 Video recording
5. 1 Presentation on the guidelines of criticizing a talk show

Hmm… hopefully there are no additional assignments insyaAllah. To tell you the truth, the list kinda freaks me out. But, It’s sort of challenging at the same time. At least these assignments are keeping me busy.

Back to Being me!. Since almost everyone of my classmates are going all out at publishing their own version of graphic novels, I’m just gonna go with the conventional one. My focus would be on the content, cover design and trying my best to make the book as ‘user friendly’ as possible. I will use a different approach in writing the content of the book. My writing style is what I came to defined it as creative academics. It’s a fusion of creative writing and academic writing.



My goal is not only to pamper the mind but also to nurture the mind intellectually through my writings. Doing this I am actually going against conventional methods of writing. For that, I am ready to face the consequences. I reckoned that not many would find my idea appealing. But, the truth is, the world of intellectual will never let your mind be constraint by one form of understanding. Your mind must be open to many forms of understanding, only then your mind can grow and see the endless possibilities that it can offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment